GUANACASTE HOBBY FARM
Located on the Irigaray creek just outside the city of Liberia, if you are looking for the best of both worlds, you definitely must see this mini farm.
This 3381 m2 hobby farm sits at the end of a long, discrete driveway off a dirt road in a middle class, rural neighbourhood. It has been landscaped to develop its biodiversity, cool the microclimate, grow a little food, and provide great viewing of iguanas, monkeys and a stunning variety of birds, in the shade of mature trees and a young food forest. Ornamental and medicinal plants populate several gardens and flowers attract butterflies and bees.
The property has 2 fully functional homes side by side. One is a 2-bedroom cottage (2009) with an elevated outdoor terrace overlooking a garden and the creek, and the other, an open-concept loft-style house (2014) with a high ceiling and huge, wraparound windows to view the wildlife from the comfort of your bed or breakfast counter. Both houses have structures and finishings of precious wood (Guanacaste, Pochote, Cocobolo, Laurel). There is a spacious semi-outdoor car park/laundry and workshop area.
• Artesian well, two water tanks and simple gravity irrigation system
• Large, well-built chicken coup
• Mini-pool, garden shed
• Dozens of fruit trees: avocado, mango, icaco, cas, guayaba, Mandarina, Guanábana, Caimito, Miracle Fruit, Manzana de Agua, Níspero, Papaya, dwarf plantain, cuadrado Felipita, cuadrado enano, banano Caribeño, Mandarin Lemon, sweet orange, bitter orange, Jocote, Coconut, Papaya, Cashew, Almond, Dragonfruit
• National parks, volcanoes, beaches and other tourist attractions in close proximity
• Bus service every 45 minutes
• Established house rental on Airbnb
• Safe community